Sunday 17 January 2010

Persian Cat Party

Trying to take photo's of cats in Iran has proved to be a lot harder than I thought. Persian cats (as in cats in Iran, not the big fluffy breed) are different to honkey cats, they don't stick around and wait to be stroked. They're really speedy and leg it as soon as I get a camera out and seem to be as paranoid as the people about getting their photo taken. The social infrustructure is probably having an affect on them. Nevertheless on the radio in a taxi today, I heard a song and one of the lines in the song goes "this beautiful cat, our country Iran.." and I remembered that Iranians always refer to their country as being like a cat because of its shape. I've heard it in old Iranian poems too, lines like "this fierce cat" when referencing their own country. I know it's not a strictly a photo of a cat, but it's the only country in the world that looks like one on a map.





(i won)

1 comment:

  1. Great use of (I WON)...
    it's saved your furry hide this time Farahmand. however let it be know that this kind of non-original content would not ordinarily be tolerated. We do here at Cat Party Admin however, understand your predicament... - those sand cats can be quite hard to pin down - and thank you for your contributions, and reportage.

    ReplyDelete


free hit counters